San Jose City Guide
- While San Jose might not be as famous as some other California cities, it is actually the third largest city in California and tenth largest in the nation. As a result, San Jose is full of fun attractions, diverse people and cultures, and offers a bustling community that mixes new tech culture with old California charm.
- San Jose is one of the safest big cities in the country, so no need to be on edge. Though, always be a smart traveler and keep track of your belongings at all times.
- San Jose has beautiful weather most of the year round, as well as offering some of the best urban trails for walkers, bikers, or commuters. So don’t hesitate to get outside, rent a bike, or take a city hike.
- San Jose has an incredibly diverse population and even boasts the largest Vietnamese community outside of Vietnam. So take advantage of the various cultural resources, enjoy the delicious food, and learn something new about another culture.
- While public transit does exist in San Jose and can be very effective for getting around downtown, a car is recommended for getting across town easily or for taking day trips.
Top Attractions in San Jose
- Winchester Mystery House
- The Tech Museum
- Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum
- Plaza de Cesar Chavez
- Kelley Park
Classic Cuisine of San Jose
- San Jose has some amazing ethnic foods including Vietnamese, Ethiopian, Japanese, Korean, Mexican and more. If you consider yourself an adventurous eater, try some Vietnamese food while you’re in town and venture away from the traditional pho and ban mi to try something you’ve never heard of before.
- San Jose has a bourgeoning culture of gastropubs and modern eateries that offer California cuisine and other unique culinary creations. Check out the San Pedro Square Market for a wide array of casual and up and coming eateries.
Some Big Name Tech Companies Based in the Silicon Valley
- Cisco Systems
- Adobe Systems
- Electronic Arts
…and many many more